The Rhetoric & Composition Advisory Committee is charged with the following:
- Articulation of writing theory and practice within the department.
- Recommendation of policies and procedures for first- and second-year writing courses (0900, 1000, and 2001), advanced courses that engage rhetoric and composition.
- Recommendation of textbooks for writing courses.
- Training and performance evaluation of non-tenure track faculty and graduate assistants teaching writing courses.
- Placement policies and procedures for incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- In conjunction with the University Writing Center and WAC Program, promotion of writing as a university-wide activity.
- Promotion and coordination of research opportunities in writing theory and practice.
2017-2018 R&C Advisory Committee Members
- Jessie Blackburn
- Bret Zawilski
- Elizabeth Carroll
- Georgia Rhoades
- Ben Good
- Andy Hill